Same blog new location come check it out! www.lifelovegreen.com

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

De-masculating Men

Why is it that its ok to make fun and yell at Men on TV but not Women? I don't think it should be ok for either. I don't really know what is going on with the whole "Jon and Kate plus 8" think I've only seen 1 or 2 episodes and honestly can't remember much about them to be honest. However with everything in the media you can't ignore the situation. From what I've heard (who knows whats true its 'reality TV') Kate is constantly yelling on the show. What if that was reversed what if Jon was the one yelling? Would anyone watch it? Would it have been canceled? Why do we as a culture think its ok to de-masculate men in this way? Commercials are another big offender in this area. Our young people need men to look up to and respect. They shouldn't be taught that its ok to treat them this way... Biblicly Men are to be the head of the household. How can this happen when all we do is put them down?

So what do we do? I don't know, But now that I have cable I know I won't be watching that show, reruns or not.

No comments: