Same blog new location come check it out! www.lifelovegreen.com

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Going raw week 1

Click here for day 1

Day 2~
Breakfast was a green smoothie, Lunch was a healthy frozen dinner and yogurt, and Supper was an amazing salad with mixed greens, carrots, red pepper, avocado, and my fake-tuna salad on top it was great!

Day 3~ Today was my first full raw day! Smoothie for breakfast, 'tuna' salad (wanted to use it up) in a 2/3 red pepper for lunch with cucumber slices and and orange for lunch and another good salad for supper.

Day 4~ I honestly can't remember anything but the smoothie...oops.

Day 5~ Breakfast was as aways a smoothie, Lunch was leftovers (not raw) and Dinner was an event. I was in a rush and had to be on the road so I decided to eat McDonald's. This was a bad choice not only heath wise but turned out to be bad because I ended up calling the police on a crazy drunk driver in the drive-thru. She was even yelling at the guy that she wanted curly fries...lol. So lesson learned stick to the min of 2 meals a day raw.

Day 6~ Smoothie, duh. Lunch was a green wrap, yummyness. Dinner was a burrito, chips and salsa. It was dinner out with a friend and it was nice to sit down with a friend and eat looking at a person not a dog or a TV like I've been doing for a while now.

Day 7~ Smoothie, Pad Thai, much healthier and tastier takeout. Dinner was a great big salad with spring greens, tomato, red pepper, carrots, sprouts, green onions and more that I cant even remember.


Observations~
I've noticed that I have a lot more energy, I've also noticed my face clear up quite a bit especially for a 'time of the month' when it would normally at its worst. I've also noticed the fun I have finding and making new recipes. I don't have a lot of extra time since I'm trying to get as much done on the bathroom before the hubby comes home on Saturday morning...I hope.

I like the freshness of my meals they make me happy. I've also noticed my cravings starting to change, today for a snack the first thing I thought of was fruit not crackers or candy. That is the main goal of this self challenge. I hope to keep incorporating raw into my weekly meals after this challenge is over.




1 comment:

Leslie Richman said...

Sounds great! No one really believes me I think, but I really do crave fruit more often than candy/cake now when I have a sweets attack. It feels good!