Same blog new location come check it out! www.lifelovegreen.com

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thoughts on Thursdays

"...and we wonder why"



Do you ever wonder why marriages fail, relationships stink, we are addicted to drugs, alcohol, shopping, or whatever. Do you ever wonder why we do the things we do? Its pretty simple but honestly as many times as I've heard this in the past it really just hit me. Its the whole concept of "you are what you eat" and "out of your mouth your heart speaks."



I personally don't believe that doing devotions is what makes you a Christian (that is a whole other discussion.) However why are we surprised that the things we watch, listen, and read affect what we say and do? It only make sense "monkey see, monkey do" and all of that. So as a Christians it only makes sense to input the right things i.e. devotions inspirational music and so on.

We (Me included) need to watch what I'm putting into my mind (and body) to make sure that what is coming out matches my believes and feelings. Think of how much better our marriage could be if we simply acted the way God wanted us to instead of how the world is showing us.

2 comments:

Abbey said...

Amber this post gave me chills. My thoughts exactly. You are such an inspiration! Do you and Ryan do devotions together? We are struggling to find some good material. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Amber D said...

We don't do formal devotions togetehr but we talk alot about doctrine and such. We are actually looking for some sort of parallel book that we can both read at the same time and discuss. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Sorry this took so long to respond.