Same blog new location come check it out! www.lifelovegreen.com

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Do something "green"

Well its been a while since I've posted something "green" so here you go!
I've kind of been in a rut with all of the traveling I do and the fact that I share my house with a roommate, I haven't really started doing anything new. I slacked off on using cloth bags for shopping for a while but I'm back in full swing now. The only thing that annoys me about it is Wal-Mart their little spinney bag stations are not cloth bag friendly. I've also had a hard time with buying healthy local foods hear. The good places to shop are all downtown and I'm too busy/lazy to go there.
However here are some things I am doing well. I buy most everything in the outer edges of the grocery store. This means its all meats and produce with little to no packaging. I've also started making my own noodles and have been very happy with the results. I'm looking forward to making a batch of spinach noodles tonight! They are sooo yummy and use a lot less flour. I'm also succeeding at my goal to use up what I have. I've purchased NO body soap over the last few months just trying to use up my supply and I've only purchased one face soap (because what I have stopped working on my skin.) Unfortunately I've not gone through many of those bottles yet (which proves I have WAY too many!) I have however gone through a few bottles of lotion (and still have more) this has been one dry winter!
Well there you have an update on my green ways many more to come especially after I move back up to the cities!

No comments: