Same blog new location come check it out! www.lifelovegreen.com

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A great birthday weekend!

My weekend started late Saturday morning (yeah for sleeping in) with a trip to the farmers market!
It was my first time this season, it was a short visit however because 15 or so min after arriving I got a call from hubby saying he had an accident with a knife and was bleeding pretty bad. I got home and took a look at it, it had already clotted so we steri-stripped it and went on with our day. On to a Living Green expo! It was great and I'm glad my honey came with me, it was nice just to be with him and check out all the fun booths. After that it was off to a late lunch at Olive Garden, yumm. It was there we discovered he was bleeding again, off to the hospital for some stitches. He didn't want his picture taken so this is all I've got.
After that we went home and just relaxed for the rest of the night. It was nice. Then on to Sunday, my actual birthday. We went to Church and then to Dinner with the family, yumm!
The best part was free dessert!
Then we did a little shopping and I spent my birthday money, the hubby took me to one of my favorite stores and told me to get whatever I wanted for my present from him. Woo Hoo!
We played frisbee for a while with the puppy...
Then it was time for movies and a relaxing evening! What a great day...oh and I made out with some great loot too!
Close up of the eye shadow:








6 comments:

Jackie said...

Glad you had a great birthday. My hubby would do the same thing in terms of the photo. :) How is Big Bowl? I have never been there!

bec said...

What about the presents from your awesome siblings?!? ;)

Amber D said...

Jackie ~ I love big bowl, because they have pad thai. The hubby dosen't like it but I do so we go there and then I can get it and he can get something else that he likes.

Bec~ Your right I do need to take one more pic I'm missing the gift from the hubby as well.

Sarah said...

I'm glad the hospital visit didn't ruin all your fun :)

Leslie Richman said...

Happy Birthday!

On nutritional yeast (fondly known as nooch): it's a flaky, powdery substance- not like brewer's yeast at all. It is good for you and gives foods a yummy cheesy flavor. Good on popcorn, in sauces, for making vegan queso and similar stuff. You should be able to find some at health food stores. If you want some yummy recipes for mac-n-cheese and stuff, let me know.

:) leslie

Abbey said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday Amber...you deserve it! The picture of Ryan is hilarious ;)