Same blog new location come check it out! www.lifelovegreen.com

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Eating Raw Thoughts

I'm sick, I have the sore throat, stuffed nose, ear pain, sinusitis thing going on. Here is the interesting part, while I was eating raw I was on the edge of this I could feel the pressure in my ears but I was fine, a little stressed out and pushing myself but not sick. Now that I'm eating out more frequently (we are finishing up the bathroom and cooking takes time) and eating less raw I've been feeling worse and worse until Monday morning it hit me. I could barely swallow let alone talk. It seems awfully coincidental that this happened at the same time that my eating habits changed...


I believe that we should be eating as natural as possible, our bodies weren't created to eat all of these processed foods. They stress out our bodies an make it harder for it to do other things (like take care of cold and flu viruses before they take us out and we need an outside chemical to help us out, antibiotics. I think we shroud be taking care of ourselves in order to introduce as few outside chemicals as possible.


So this leads to the issue of organic vs current growing methods. I think organic is great, however for the majority of Americans it is just not financially possible. Therefor as much as possible I try to buy organic when I can and believe in the "dirty dozen" from the Environmental Working Group:


12 Most Contaminated
Peaches
Apples
Sweet Bell Peppers
Celery
Nectarines
Strawberries
Cherries
Pears
Grapes (Imported)
Spinach
Lettuce
Potatoes


12 Least Contaminated
Onions
Avocado
Sweet Corn (Frozen)
Pineapples
Mango
Asparagus
Sweet Peas (Frozen)
Kiwi Fruit
Bananas
Cabbage
Broccoli
Papaya

No comments: