Same blog new location come check it out! www.lifelovegreen.com

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Who do I want to be?

It seems like it is impossible to make personal goals (loose weight, eat better, get in the Word more, and so on) and keep them so starting today I have a new approach. I'm going to map out who I want to be and then when I'm tempted to deviate I'll ask myself if it lines up with that "person."

Now understand I'm not trying to change my whole personality I like who I am in general but I feel like there are some parts of my life that I got 1/2 way to my goal and then became stagnant. These are things that I care about but seem to be stuck. So here is a rough draft of "Who I want to be"

I would like to be a Spirit led Bible fed, Godly wife. I want to eat not just healthy but quality foods that will enhance my life not take away from it. I want to take care of the earth in any practical way I can without becoming a full blown "nut." I want to take care of the body that God has given me by not sitting down all day, playing with the dog and exercising. I would like to stop being so materialistic and focus on the things that really matter and de-clutter my life. I want to be a friend that people know they can count on. I would also like to continue to improve my interpreting skill and not just be content with where I'm at.

Ok so there you have it I'm gong to tweak it and start applying it today. Here is to a new start to my old adventure.


Amber

2 comments:

Jackie said...

This is what the list I am going to be working on very soon!

Jody and Mark said...

ABSOLUTELY! Honestly, sorry honey but you sound a whole lot like me - not necessarily your individual goals but the pursuit of them. We're on the same page! You are loved. Mom