Same blog new location come check it out! www.lifelovegreen.com

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The 3 R's

So I figured it was time to post something green on this site again.

REDUCE:
Buy things fresh, not pre-packaged whenever possible and use cloth bags instead of the plastic ones for produce here is what I use but there are lots of options out there. I found these on Etsy just type in produce bags you will get lots of options in sizes, color and price.


REUSE:
If you use plastic bags cool, thats fine its up to you but can you reuses them? Doggie poo bags, trash can liners, liter box liners, recycle them at Wal-Mart, crochet them into rugs (just google it,) give to your local food pantry.

RECYCLE:
Many people recycle the basics but have you ever payed attention to how many things can be recycled? For example yogurt cups, rinse and recycle. When I buy spinach at the store if I can't find it fresh (reduce) then I buy it in bulk in a plastic tub that can be recycled!!! Magazines can now be recycled along with the glossy ads in the newspaper!!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I have my cloth bag I use for Grocery shopping. We like to use the Plastic Produce bags to clean up after Pretzel!

I love re-using containers. Butter is one of my favorite containers to re-use!