Same blog new location come check it out! www.lifelovegreen.com

Friday, October 30, 2009

Ouch- This is hard to hear.

1 Corinthians 3:1-4


1Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ. 2I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. 3You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? 4For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?



Quote from The Search for Significance by Robert S. McGee



"Many of us are like the Christians at Corinth. We still try to obtain our significance the world's way, through success and approval. Often, we look only to other believers rather than to Christ Himself. we learn to use the right christian words, claim divine power and guidance, and organize programs, and yet so often, our spiritual facade lacks depth and substance. Our spiritual activities become human efforts lacking the real touch of the mater. In effect, we live a lie."



Ouch that is hard to hear, especially when it is true. How do I go about changing my focus from the praise of man (including myself) to the glory of God?
This was shown to me very clearly last night. I just found out that I didn't make it to the final round of interviews for a promotion I applied for. When I was thinking it over last night one of the many, many thoughts that went through my head is who was I doing this for? Who was I trying to impress? Don't get me wrong, that wasn't my only motivation and I will apply for this position again, but why is that even a part of my motive? My reason on this earth has nothing to do with impressing those around me it has everything to do with God.

No comments: