Same blog new location come check it out! www.lifelovegreen.com

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm learning

You know its hard to be human, always feeling pressure to live up to every ones expectations.

However do the people around us really expect the things we think they do? Does my husband really expect the house to be spotless and for dinner to be perfectly timed to his arrival from work? NO, and he has told me as much, so why don't I believe him? Who is really putting the pressure on me....me?

Why? am I really that much of a people pleaser? I'm starting (as in just done with Chapter 1) the book "The Search for Significance" by Robert S. McGee. Since I'm just starting it I don't know if I will recommend it or not but I will keep you updated as I go through. Here is the quote from the book that honestly convinced me to read it

"But the man or woman who lives only for the love and attention of others is never satisfied-at least, not for long. Despite our efforts we will never find lasting, fulfilling peace if we must continually prove ourselves to others"
That sounds a awful lot like me....Hummm.

No comments: