Same blog new location come check it out! www.lifelovegreen.com

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Take-Out/Fast Food


I love Mc Donalds, its sad but true. However there are two major problems with this. One is pretty basic, fast food in general is bad for us, high calories, high fat, and high in sugar. Second and a new revelation to me, its terrible for the environment. Plastic silverware, straws, lids paper bags, cups, wrappers, napkins, cardboard boxes. In one 'meal' you will have 1 bag, 3 napkins, a wrap or box for the main dish, box for the fries or plastic for the salad, cup lid and straw for the drink. Yikes.
So what am I going to do? I can't promise no fast food but this perspective has defiantly caused me to re-evaluate each time and if its mearly because I'm lazy and don't want to cook, that is no longer a good excuse.
I'm going to try to cut down my fast food to 1 time or less a month.

No comments: